So, I’m kinda really into salads now.
My recent trip to San Francisco was filled with every type of pastry, carb, and cream available to man, and after I came back home I found myself craving a really good, clean kale salad. So I went back to one of my go-to easy recipes that always hits the spot – Kale Farro Strawberry Fruit Salad with Blue Cheese. YUMMY!
I was inspired to recreate this salad recipe after visiting WeHo Bistro here in L.A., which had a very similar salad that I craved for days after I first tried it. When I say this salad is easy I mean it’s EASY with barely any cooking required. All you have to do is chop up the fruits, veggies, and cook up some farro, which only takes about 10 minutes.
I like to top this salad with some chunks of blue cheese for extra flavor, but you can leave it out if you’re vegan. If you want to make homemade raspberry dressing to go with this, then good for you! I personally used a store bought version to save on time.
I love every bite of this salad, and I hope you do, too! Let me know if you decide to try it 🙂
- 1 cup farro, cooked
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into small pieces
- 1 package strawberries, cut in quarters
- 2 cups grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Raspberry dressing, for topping
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add cooked farro and sunflower seeds and cook until lightly toasted, stirring evenly. Add chopped kale and heat until kale is softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Transfer salad into a large mixing bowl. Mix in the strawberries, grapes, and raisins. Transfer into serving bowls or plates, and top with blue cheese. Drizzle with raspberry dressing and mix lightly. Serve.