The only thing better than chocolate chip cookies, is mini chocolate chip cookies.
I nabbed this mini chocolate chip cookie recipe from Yammie’s Noshery and it is absolutely divine. I strategically made these the same day I attended a housewarming party so I wouldn’t be faced with the temptation of being left alone with three dozen cookies. They were a total hit and got gobbled up very quickly. Bottom line: you must bake these cookies!
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Sift in the flours, salt, and soda. Mix until just combined and stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm, or throw it in the freezer (my dough took about 2 hours to firm up).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Scoop cookie dough by 1/2 teaspoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Press some extra chocolate chips into the top at the end if desired.