I visited the Oxnard Strawberry Festival over the weekend and walked away with a belly filled with strawberry shortcake and delicious fried festival food. And of course, a nice pint of fresh, organic California-grown strawberries.
Being the wannabe chef I am, I knew right away that I wanted to cook with the strawberries, so I whipped up some Strawberry Greek Yogurt pancakes the next day.
These pancakes are nice and thick and fluffy, just how I like them. The secret to fluffy pancakes is to not overstir the batter. Use a whisk to incorporate everything just until all the ingredients come together, then put your whisk down and walk away. It’s okay if there are a few lumps left in the batter.
These pancakes are the perfect treat to add to your summer breakfast or brunch menu. I hope you get to try them!
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (plus more butter for greasing)
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Melt the 6 Tablespoons of butter first. Microwave or stovetop - either is fine. Set aside to slightly cool. You don't want it piping hot.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract together until combined. Whisk in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk by hand gently to combine the ingredients. The batter is thick and a few lumps may remain. Very gently, fold in the strawberries.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with butter. Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the sides, about 1 minute. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Coat griddle/skillet again with butter for each pancake or batch of pancakes.
- Serve immediately.